Feelin’ Groovy Challenge
Did you live through the 60’s or just wish you did? Do you remember the music of your youth or are they great oldies to you? Do you remember Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, or Led Zeppelin? Relive your favorite tune by making it your challenge. This year’s challenge will be a song title done into an album cover (remember those). We lived in an altered state then and now you can alter your fabric’s state. Put on your love beads, bellbottoms and headbands and find that inner hippie and all important tune.
- The size is 12” by 12”
- You must have an altered fabric on the front (painted, dyed, scrunched, etc.) and the original fabric somewhere on the back.
- The front must contain the title of the song (any font or style)
- The back must have the artist and the year. The song must be from the years 66, 67, 68, 69, or 70.
- You must have a peace symbol somewhere on the quilt
- You must have at least one bead on the quilt
- It must be quilted and finished
- Include a paragraph explaining your connection to the song and your memories (if you still have those brain cells)